Recently, my siblings and I had the unfortunate task of moving our mom into a long-term care facility.  As her zest for life diminishes, and the sparkle in her beautiful loving eyes is fading, we try to make every moment we have with her now special.  This is one of those moments.

Comments

Bob Marshall
02/18/2014 8:47pm

Beautiful and very touching thanks for sharing your special moment.

02/23/2014 6:17pm

Thank you very much Bob. Hope you are doing well.

Lori St Martin
02/19/2014 10:26pm

Very heartfelt and it brought a tear. You know I love to dance too! Hugs to you and your beautiful mom Carla!

Carla
02/23/2014 6:18pm

Thank you Lori, it means a lot my friend!

02/20/2014 4:06am

Carla, thank you for sharing this. After just spending two weeks care-giving for my mom, it brought tears to my eyes and made me smile in gratitude once again that I got that oppty to care for her and be with her and help her any way I could. This is beautiful. love Spryte

Carla
02/23/2014 6:22pm

Thank you Spryte. It really is bitter sweet. We never want it to get to the point where we have to care for them, but are grateful to be able to do it when the time does come. Difficult, yet gratifying. Love and hugs to you and your mom.

Hailey
02/20/2014 9:46pm

I'm so sorry Carla

I really hope a miracle happens and your mom survives
It brought tears to my eyes even though I only met ur mom once

Carla
02/23/2014 6:23pm

Thank you Hailey, that is so sweet of you. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Denise Bateman
02/22/2014 6:39pm

I am Brady Marshall's sister in law. I was at your Mom's and Dad Marshall's wedding. I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's struggle. I have many found memories of them in Slave lake camping and at Brady and Michelle's, know that I am thinking about her and sending you all my prayers

Carla
02/23/2014 6:31pm

Thank you very much Denise for your kind words. It is very difficult, but with Lynn's passing maybe it is a blessing as she doesn't have to endure another broken heart. We miss him as well.

Cassie Marshall
03/25/2014 10:01am

They always loved to dance. I am glad my Grandpa and Irene found the same passion for dancing in one another and were able to share it with all of us. I am glad to see and hear that she seems to be doing better. My love goes out to you and your family. Thank you for sharing this video. Beautiful.

Carla
03/27/2014 7:34pm

Thank you Cassie. My love goes out to your family as well and I cherish the memories we had with your Grandpa.

Your comment will be posted after it is approved.